The Women’s Club of Lexington was organized in 1915 and still serves the Lexington community by “Living the Volunteer Spirit”
The Club’s main volunteer activities include:
- Show-Me Lexington, which introduces goods, services, and activities to new members of the Lexington community. Please contact Janice Mayfield (660-232-4050) to receive information.
- Support the House of Hope (Women’s shelter) with donations of goods and money.
- Sponsors the bi-annual Holiday Homes Tour
- sponsor Lexington High School sophomores for the Sophomore Pilgrimage
- provide a yearly adult scholarship for post-high school education
- sponsor Lexington High School students for the Youth Leadership Seminar
- financially assist with community programs such as the City Flowerpot, Special Olympics, etc.
The Club meets on the second Tuesday of each month (September-May) 12:00-1:30 with a catered lunch at the Knights of Columbus Hall. Yearly membership is $25 Monthly programs include The Arts, Conservation, Education, Home Life, Public Affairs, and International Affairs. Those interested in membership should contact Shirley Guevel (660-259-2098) for more information.